[Gllug] Things to do after the pub meet, after the GLLUG meet, on Saturday.

Richard Jones rich at annexia.org
Thu Apr 10 14:45:30 UTC 2003

On Thu, Apr 10, 2003 at 03:25:10PM +0100, Formi wrote:
> On Thu, 10 Apr 2003, Colin Murphy wrote:
>
> > Last month some of us went of to see a late night film after the pub, which
> > was after the GLLUG meet.  To find out who went you could just go up to
> > people at random this Saturday and say "Paper cut" to see who winces more
> > than usual.
> >
> > Does anyone fancy seeing a film after the pub meet this Saturday?
> >
> > Options for the Warner West End are not as limited as last month:
> >
> > Chicago The Musical is on at 23.20
> > Cradle 2 The Grave  is on at 23.40 - I know nothing of this film.
> > Shanghai Knights is on at 23.50
> >
> > Options for the Odeon are:
> > To get a better web site
> >
> > This has got to rate as the biggest waste of bits seen! Can anyone see if
> > they have any late shows?  I was hoping for Johnny English.
> >

>  I will not, first: go to the gllug meeting, second: give money to the
>  "bunch of b*y big us corporations" that like restricting fundamental
>  rights of non-us citizens, and why not?, bomb the weakest.

Not sure about the whole sentiment expressed here, but I too don't
believe it would be good for GLLUG members to support "Big Media".

Personally I've been boycotting films in the cinema for the last 8
months and only buying 2nd hand from Notting Hill.

Rich.

--
Richard Jones, Red Hat Inc. (London) and Merjis Ltd. http://www.merjis.com/
http://www.annexia.org/ Freshmeat projects: http://freshmeat.net/users/rwmj