[Gllug] Windows Petrol Pump

Pete Ryland pdr at pdr.cx
Thu Apr 17 10:08:29 UTC 2003

On Thu, Apr 17, 2003 at 10:54:07AM +0100, mish wrote:
> On Thu, 2003-04-17 at 11:48, Frank Booth wrote:
> > On Thu, Apr 17, 2003 at 10:26:58AM +0100, t.clarke wrote:
> > >
> > > It seems incredible to me that anyone would use something as unstable,
> > > or over- the-top, as Windows to run a simple Petrol Pump !!
> >
> > The Natwest ATMs on Leicester Square regularly report dll errors against
> > a Windows NT Desktop.
> >
> > Which is a bit bizarre, in my opinion.
> and the atm's in barcelona airport.  the only atm's for miles around. : (

I had an hour to kill at Heathrow once, so I decided to count the number of
BSoDs on the check-in monitors.  Of the couple of hundred screens, there
were in the order of about 5% either blue screened or telling me that it was
now safe to turn my computer off.  Pretty disgusting since the purpose of
the screens is the very simple task of indicating which queue belongs to
which airline.

Pete
--
Pete Ryland