[Gllug] nologs stuff after cfp

Richard Jones rich at annexia.org
Wed Apr 9 12:01:11 UTC 2003

On Wed, Apr 09, 2003 at 12:38:51PM +0100, Doug Winter wrote:
> On Tue 08 Apr Pete Ryland wrote:
> > Considering that a key can be used to sign data, one could argue that
> > handing over the key is like giving the prosecution an infinite number of
> > signed blank pieces of paper, and it would be negligent to allow them to
> > puport to be me, possibly distributing false/malicious data beyond their
> > juristiction to an international community who trust me.
>
> Except that you could revoke the key before you hand it over.

Except that they could sign some pre-dated incriminating documents and
put them onto your hard drive.

At a minimum they would have to first declare all documents that they
were going to enter into evidence *before* you handed over the key.

The morally correct thing to do, however, is to defy the order and
claim forgetfulness.

Rich.

--
Richard Jones, Red Hat Inc. (London) and Merjis Ltd. http://www.merjis.com/