[Gllug] OT Stupid legal stuff was Insecure practices at my IS P

James Bailey James.Bailey at osm.co.uk
Fri Apr 4 12:15:35 UTC 2003

8_en_2.htm#mdiv1

If he views any data which he knows is unauthorised, he is guilty of an
offense unders section 1 of the Computer Misuse Act (1990). The ISP
could argue that viewing anything other than his files has not be
authorised. Esp if you assume everything is unauthorised unless
permitted.

It is because of puerile idiocy like this and the witless cretins that abuse
it, that I stopped obeying the law and started learning to do the right
thing.

This is going off topic at least for me this is about bad IT laws not
anything particularly Linux.  The law regarding connecting to wireless nodes
is equally stupid and I am bored with that too.

Peace Jim

"Before the white man gave us a history, we had the truth"
-- some Redskin on a reservation.

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk