[Gllug] [ot] recommend adsl

Xander D Harkness xander at harkness.co.uk
Wed Apr 9 15:59:02 UTC 2003

Daniel Andersson wrote:

>hiya people
>
>i'm sure this has been discussed before, but thought i'd ask and get an
>up-to-date answer
>
>going to get adsl for our newly opened office in london
>we're looking to start with 512kbit adsl (and then with some luck upgrade to
>1-2mbit)
>
>1. which company provide a RELIABLE adsl business connection WITH a static
>ip(s) in london?
>2. should i get them to provide a adsl modem for me or is it easier/better
>to get one myself?
>2a. if i get one myself, what should i go for? i want to be able to plug a
>cat5 into this modem. that's it. no firewalling, no NATing (this is all done
>by our office firewall)
>
>thanks in advance
>
>/ d

I am using a microwave connection from firstnet.net which has been
extremely reliable and the techies are okay.

I would not touch plusnet with a barge pole, they are impossible to
contact if there is a problem.

Kind regards
Xander

--
All of a sudden, I want to THROW OVER my promising ACTING CAREER, grow
a LONG BLACK BEARD and wear a BASEBALL HAT!! ...  Although I don't know WHY!!

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk