[Gllug] Limiting SSH access

Nix nix at esperi.demon.co.uk
Sat Apr 12 16:59:36 UTC 2003

On Tue, 8 Apr 2003, Stig Brautaset yowled:

>> > Ouch :-)
>>
>> Bloody useful, that is, when you've fscked up your ELF interpreter.
>
> Does that happen often to you, if you don't mind me asking? :)

Normally only when I've reinstalled glibc and got it wrong.

(I do such work in chroots, normally, so I can just attack it from
outside the chroot; but I can imagine disk damage or something killing
the ld-linux.so.2 symlink or something like that... and then it'd be
useful. --- not *very* useful, mind you, because there's always sln(1),
but without sash, the ld-linux.so.2-with-args trick or a statically
linked ls(1), it can be hard to see what's actually gone wrong.)

--
`It is an unfortunate coincidence that the date locarchive.h was
 written (in hex) matches Ritchie's birthday (in octal).'

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk