[Gllug] autofs / automount

Xander D Harkness xander at harkness.co.uk
Sat Apr 26 16:52:43 UTC 2003

The current automount does not support direct mounts.  I have looked
around the net and there are posts that suggest that this will not even
be looked at until version 5.

There are other posts to say that no one is really doing anything with
automount and the list and site look pretty dead.

Does anyone know if anything is being done with automount?

I personally would find it useful to maintain updates of packages of
mozilla - I can do a direct mount to /usr/local/mozilla without wiping
out the rest of /usr/local I currently use a link from
/usr/local/mozilla to an automount location; however that is a bit of a
pain to have to set this up on every machine for every application.

If nothing was being done in this area I was hoping to find a developer
that would.

Kind regards
Xander

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk