[Gllug] Insecure practices at my ISP

Jason Clifford jason at ukpost.com
Sat Apr 5 08:45:22 UTC 2003

On Fri, 4 Apr 2003, Garry Heaton wrote:

> accounts at PlusNet are also a gateway into the MySQL server and without the
> command-line access you're limited to whatever features are built into the
> average HTML-based MySQL admin interface.

No you are not. You can write your own scripts to manage your mysql
database.

My experience however is that most users are perfectly happy with
phpmyadmin to handle everything except dump and batch inserts. The only
problem with the latter is that for large databases they tend to suffer
HTTP timeouts.

Jason Clifford
http://www.ukfsn.org/			Sign up now

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk