[Gllug] More from SCO

Andrew Halliwell ah at gnd.com
Wed Apr 30 09:58:38 UTC 2003

And verily, didst Tethys announce to the hordes:

> Andrew Halliwell writes:
>
> >I think if they tried to go after SuSE, they'd be laughed out of court.
> >SuSE is (was?) one of their partners in the United Linux project after all.
>
> And? They'll be laughed out of court for selling their own Linux
> distribution, which they claim contains stolen intellectual property
> from themselves...

Aye, true...
:)
Shortest court case in history, d'y'think?

Judge: Having read the brief, I would just like to ask the SCO
       representitives one thing before throwing this out of court... What
       drugs have you been taking?
SCO: Yeronner?
Judge: Why are you wasting my time with this? Who do you plan to attempt to
       sue after IBM? Other linux distributions? Yourselves?
SCO: Yeronner?
Judge: You seem to be going after linux, you yourselves sell (or sold) a
       linux distribution and are (were?) in partnership with one of the
       distributions you intend to sue. CASE DISMISSED. SCO: You will be
       brought before this court next week on the grounds of contempt of
       court and wasting court time. And I think IBM want a little word too.

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk