[Gllug] [OT] Hero vote

Rev Simon Rumble simon at rumble.net
Mon Apr 14 10:55:56 UTC 2003

On Mon 14 Apr, Adrian McMenamin bloviated thus:

> No, I am not saying Nelson Mandela supported this war. He did not. But he
> isn't a pacificist either.

Couldn't agree more.  He was also well aware of the need to avoid
violence at all costs and, hence, Umkonto we Sizwe targetted
infrastructure _only_ when it was absolutely certain that no humans
would be hurt.  They were willing to escalate to violence, but only
when all other means had been exhausted.

So as I said, brought down an oppressive, brutal regime without
bloodshed.

--
Rev Simon Rumble <simon at rumble.net>
www.rumble.net

Politics is the gentle art of getting votes from the poor
and campaign funds from the rich by promising to protect
each from the other.
- Politicians and Other Scoundrels by Ferdinand Lundberg