[Gllug] Any Inn2 experts in the group?

Chris Bell chrisbell at overview.demon.co.uk
Sat Apr 26 07:56:48 UTC 2003

On Fri 25 Apr, Jason Clifford wrote:

> I am having a little trouble with a new installation of INN v2.
>
> I have previously used RedHat for news servers without any particular
> trouble. I am now in the process of building a news server on Debian
> (Woody) using the inn2 package.
>
> I have the server all set up using the same config from a RH box this is
> replacing and it accepts its feed very nicely however...
>
> I cannot post to it. I keep getting a "480 Transfer Permission denied"
> message.
>
> I've RTFM'd already and added the system name(s) into the hosts.nntp file
> however it doesn't seem to help.

   Sorry, I can not help on this specific problem, but Debian out of the box
tends to have many access permissions switched off by default, and you need
to actively enable things. It is then your choice, even for original access
to the box, rather than leaving everything as an open security risk.

--
Chris Bell

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk