[Gllug] "linux is based on NT4, an 7 years old OS - very obso lette now..."

itsbruce at uklinux.net itsbruce at uklinux.net
Thu Apr 24 14:46:13 UTC 2003

On Thu, Apr 24, 2003 at 12:03:55PM +0100, Adrian McMenamin wrote:
> Because I don't regard communicating with the 500,000 plus people who read
> the FT as pointless posturing (and neirther do MS obviously)

A bunch of Linux newbies foaming at the mouth and screaming "bloody
lier"[1] isn't going to impress anyone.  There are any number of
articles in today's press detailing solid, serious work being done with
Linux.  Hysterical "advocacy" does nothing to augment this.  Besides
which, if your intention is to communicate then I suggest you learn to
quote in a less confusing style.

[1] This seems to be a common technique used in the hope of gaining
quick acceptance, though a more direct way to broadcast a person's lack
of wit I cannot imagine.

--
Bruce

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk