[Gllug] email like distro (think =~ s/smoothwall/smoothemail/g)

John Hearns jhearns at freesolutions.net
Fri Apr 25 09:09:46 UTC 2003

On Fri, 2003-04-25 at 09:21, Jason Clifford wrote:
> On Fri, 25 Apr 2003, Murray wrote:
>
> > - Are there similarly dedicated mailserver distro's out there?
>
> SuSE do a mail server distro however it is aimed at enterprise users so
> may not be suitable and I suspect it also costs a fair bit.

As GLLUG knows, I have implemented and looked after the SuSE Email
Server. I would recommend it.
The feature which sets it apart, and makes it worth paying for, in my
opinion, is the web interface which they provide. This allows admins in
an organisation (school, company, etc.) to add and delete accounts
easily, and do lots of other things.

> This is something I've been looking at doing lately.
>
> As you can imagine I have rather a lot of experience of putting together
> mail solutions, not just for ISPs but also for SOHO users.
Good stuff.

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk