[Gllug] Filesystems for Linux

Jim Bailey jim at freesolutions.net
Tue Apr 29 14:14:51 UTC 2003

On Tue, Apr 29, 2003 at 09:31:56AM +0100, Tethys wrote:

> Stig Brautaset writes:
>
> >>    My problem there is that I am trying to get something working for someone
> >> else who hates any kind of technology, is convinced that nothing will work,
> >> and is more likely to literally throw it out the window if it does not work.
> >> The person will be astonished and delighted if it works, but I may not get a
> >> second chance.
> >
> >If your effort is not appreciated, don't bother doing it.
> >
> >Problem solved.
>
> I'm with Stig here. There are some contracts that are just not worth
> the effort, unless they're really paying exhorbitant amounts of money,
> and I've never yet met one that is...

I stick my oar in and agree with that unless they are paying you tell em
fsck off.

A group of friends I donated an old box to running Linux replaced it
with windows 98 and then had the cheek to moan that the box kept
crashing and expected me to fix it.  Sometimes generosity just isn't
worth it.

Peace Jim

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk