[Gllug] [OT] Job add

Juan AMIGUET K995263 at atlas.kingston.ac.uk
Thu Apr 3 16:49:27 UTC 2003

Hello all,

This is a job position that a frind offered but I can't take becuae I
am busy in my MSc. Any one out there looking for a job...

A dynamic consultancy practice with a network of 10 computers
seeks a
part time system administrator. Following 2 weeks of full time work
for
more substantial adjustments to the server and network, the job
will be
part time at one day a week for admin, maintenance and support.

Pay will be £23,000 pro rata and there is an incentive scheme with
potential for significant bonuses based on performance. The
successful
candidate will have a minimum of 2 years work experience as a
Linux
systems administrator excellent Linux skills (red hat configuration
and
maintenance of server services such as My SQL, Tomcat, Apache,
and
RedHat advanced server) experience with clustering and fault
tolerant
configurations. Hardware configuration building computers and
replacement of faulty parts, RAID set up Windows 2000 client
experience
(Samba user admin, software installation) networking skills
(switches,
hubs, cabling etc) Postfix, Exim and IMAP email configuration
skills in
a Linux environment Demonstrated abilities in teamwork,
communication,
time management and working to deadlines.

The successful candidate will need to outline their experience in the
fields listed above (including references) as well as any other
relevant
system admin skills. This job may be especially suited to a PhD
student
as the candidate will also need to demonstrate that they will be
available for part time work over a longer period.

Applicants should contact:

Laura Taborn
Intelligent Space Partnership
68 Great Eastern Street