[Gllug] An apology

James Bailey James.Bailey at osm.co.uk
Mon Apr 7 11:04:25 UTC 2003

Hi all,

just a quick apology for my last 'Insecure practices at my ISP' post.  It
was bad tempered and hypocritical, I should be one of the last people on
this list to jump up and moan 'off topic'.

I blaming it on early mornings, late nights, having to work behind a
corporate firewall on an NT4 desktop while testing proprietary closed source
software.

Should any of you find yourselves in such a position and forced to use ksh
the following are your friends.

$ stty erase ^H  #gives you backspace
$ set -o vi      #vi bindings on the command line

Well having achieved half of career goal of becoming a grumpy guru I shall
return to the other more difficult half and practice the guru bit some more,
see you in about 20 years. ;)

Peace Jim

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk