[Gllug] can I edit template messages in Evolution?

Steve Nicholson yahoogroups at yoursolutions.com
Sat Apr 12 20:02:49 UTC 2003

Hi, are there many Evolution uses here?
I have a folder (IMAP) that I save template emails in for replying to
certain requests. I created the messages, saved them to a draft folder
and then moved to the template folder.  But I can't edit them again.

I normally use the templates to copy and paste the text into my reply.

If I access a message in that folder with Evolution and open it I can't
make any changes if I need to.  e.g. I want to up date the text. I need
to copy the text to a new message save to draft and then move to the
template and delete the original. Time consuming process.

I share this folder with my Business partner and he can edit the
messages with Outlook, when saving it deletes the original (still to be
expunged) adds new.

Is there a way I can edit messages like this in Evolution?  Can't find
anything in the help or on Ximian web site.

thanks
Steve.

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk