[Gllug] Windows Petrol Pump

James Bailey James.Bailey at osm.co.uk
Thu Apr 17 09:55:56 UTC 2003

Remember that Linux is an incredibly new tool in the corporate armoury and
much less well known than Windows and/or Unix based system.  These systems
were probably planned and designed 2, 3 or even more years ago.

I expect that Linux and other free operating systems, taking over these sort
of infrastructure projects to take a decade or more, given the long product
life cycles of this sort of kit.

AFAIK many cash points still run DOS!

> I was more worried upon stepping into a lift and seeing a BSOD on the
> lift's screen instead of anything useful.  Fortunately it seemed the
> Windows stuff was only driving some sort of information/advertising
> system rather than driving the lift.

Where there is spam there is windows. ;)

Peace Jim

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk