[Gllug] "linux is based on NT4, an 7 years old OS - very obsolette now..."

James de Lurker jtl2nospamMUNGIEjump at hotmail.com
Thu Apr 24 09:19:24 UTC 2003

Grzegorz Jaskiewicz wrote:
[ FT article ref ..]
> This is not first and sadly not last case when m$ is fighting agains
> "enemies" using just Lies.

The age old principle you learn with too much exposure to politicians.
A lie can be all around the world before the truth gets its boots on.

Fight back with positive tactics rather than just writing Mr Angry letters
to the editor, these likely get either binned or edited into oblivion.

Write ( or encourage a master journo to write ) a satirical piece. Send 'em
up something rotton, particularly after they have been invited to explain
themselves.

Particularly - when its out there, encourage BUSINESS journals to link to
it; the "Executive summary" types. ZDNet's E-Week ought to pick this up.
too. ( Haven't contacted them though )

Oh - don't worry. I've sent a email to The Inquirer; they might do a
follow-up piece to something already written. Knockabout fun between
journalists exposing errors of publication is something that you can also
count upon <*grin*>

I'll leave others here to get the ball rolling, if they have suitable
writing skills. Mine are rather too orientated towards CV writing just now :-(

--

   -- James

 From and Reply To are INVALID.

All public postings use munged headers[1]- To contact me off list:
   1) Remove "M U N G I E j u m p" ONLY: leave that "nospam" in there!
   2) change "hotmail" 2 "myrealbox" after the @

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk