[Gllug] Mysql Configure problem

Xander D Harkness xander at wks.harkness.co.uk
Sat Apr 19 18:28:22 UTC 2003

On Fri, Apr 18, 2003 at 10:37:21PM +0100, Nix wrote:

> >> I _think_ he runs fairly standard hardware, he is however a _very_ scary C
> >> hacker.  On the few occasions I have exchanged emails with on list regarding
> >
> > Hmm, AFAIK *Nix runs a lot of sparc-32 and sparc-64 systems, both
> > Solaris (with GNU userspace) and Linux.
>
> While I've got some Solaris binaries and libs around to check
> compatibility, the only Solaris boxes I use these days are at work. My
> home net has a couple of SPARC/Linux boxes on it (32-bit userspace) and
> a pile of variously cheap and aged Intel boxes.
>
> >                                         Lots of NFS, bleeding edge
>
> And how I wish intermezzo was usable enough that I could replace much of
> the NFS with it. I don't think *anyone* who uses NFS heavily likes it.

On the track of NFS and bleeding edge does anyone know if there is any progress toward direct mounts under NFS?

I read on the net that it was not being considered until at least version 5.  I have checked the website and not seen very much of anything.

Kind regards
Xander

--
"Theres no way to rule innocent men. The only power any government has is the power to crack down on criminals. Well, when there aren't enough criminals, one makes them. One declares so many things to be a crime that it becomes impossible for men to live without breaking laws." - Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk