[Gllug] Serial Multi-Port Boards

Doug Winter doug at pigeonhold.com
Fri Apr 4 10:44:09 UTC 2003

Hello,

I'm looking to get a multi-port serial card for either BSD or Linux
(probably BSD actually, so this might even be slightly OT :).

It looks like the Cyclades range are what I want - either the 8YsP or
the 8YoP.  I'm only going to be using it for console access to the UNIX
servers in our office (variously Solaris, Debian & OpenBSD) in case of
problems (of more limited use for the x86 boxes, but still useful).

I've not been able to find a UK supplier, so I've got no idea how much
these things are.  Has anyone bought such a thing, and if so where from
and what have your experiences been?  I'm in London, so somewhere on TCR
would be fine :)

Cheers,

Doug.

--
Why should we be in such desperate haste to succeed, and in such desperate
enterprises?  If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is