[Gllug] {OT?] Kernel development question

Walid Shaari walid at melinux.com
Mon Apr 28 04:54:03 UTC 2003

On Mon, 2003-04-28 at 00:58, Stig Brautaset wrote:
> On Apr 28 2003, Adrian wrote:
> > On Sunday 27 April 2003 21:15, Walid Shaari wrote:
> >

> > > I don't, but why not try the #kernelnewbies channel in freenode.net IRC,
> > > they are usually very helpful in there around the clock.
> > >
> > > Walid.
> >
> > Eh, no they're not. I've asked three or four times and have yet to have a
> > reply.
>
> This is, sadly, my experience too. The (very) few times I've had reason
> to ask anything on #kernelnewbies I've generally been given the silent
> treatment, meaning I've been completely and utterly ignored.

Certainly that wasn't my experience, when I was doing the operating
system module last year, and had some questions to ask about the linux
kernel, or laptop kernel problems, they were very helpful indeed. mind
you I used to leave xchat open almost all the time then. and if my
questions doesn't get answer repeat again 20-30 minutes later.

Walid

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk