[Gllug] OT: Need to notify ISP if phone no. changed?

Dylan dylan at dylan.me.uk
Wed Apr 23 16:40:15 UTC 2003

On Wednesday 23 April 2003 12:53, Jason Clifford wrote:
> On Wed, 23 Apr 2003, Dermot Moynihan wrote:
> > I've arranged with BT for my phone no. to be changed in a weeks time. As
> > contacting my ISPs is a right royal pain in the ass, can anybody tell me
> > whether, indeed, it is necessary for me to tell them at all, at all?
> > Will I still have Internet access if I change the no.and tell my ISP
> > zilch? From my little understanding I don't believe I will but somebody
> > told me it makes no difference.
>
> It depends upon your ISP.
>
> I note that you are using OneTel and I believe you will have to tell
> them.

Indeed you will - their system is entirely keyed to your CLI. The asiest way
to contact them is to use their override code to make a call from an
unregistered number - that way you'll get almost straight thru (at least
that's how it was when I worken in their callcentre.

Alternatively, you should have full access to your account online...

Dylan

--
Sweet moderation
Heart of this nation