[Gllug] Limiting SSH access

John Hearns jhearns at freesolutions.net
Thu Apr 3 11:15:14 UTC 2003

On Thu, 2003-04-03 at 11:02, French, Alastair wrote:
> Thanks for all the replies
>
> I have passed the details onto our sysadmins.
>
> They only asked me as they know I run linux at home and they are all Windows
> people.
>
> The machine in question will be running accounts s/w and need to be
> accessible by the external company that do our accounts (thats why they
> don't want in the DMZ).

Issues like this are difficult.
In my opinion, the machine really should go in a DMZ.

If not, how about this rather stupid suggestion?
How often do the accounts company need access?
If it is say once a month, then use an air gap.
Just plug this machine, and only this machine, into the network link.
(Yes, I know. DNS lookups).
Stupid, idiot suggestion really.

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk