[Gllug] Mounting Netware partition with mount -t ncpfs and ncpmount

Paul Nasrat pauln at truemesh.com
Wed Apr 23 22:09:33 UTC 2003

On Wed, Apr 23, 2003 at 10:17:11PM +0100, Richard West wrote:

> Does anyone have any experience accessing such a
> partition and if so how should we specify the SERVER?
> What do we need to specify in order to mount a Netware
> 3.12 partition locally?

First off are you trying to boot knoppix on a netware server and mount
the local drives, or are you trying to mount from a netware server. If
the latter you'll need to configure ipx and use ncpmount like so:

ipx_configure --auto_primary=on --auto_interface=on
ncpmount -S SERVER -U user /mnt/net/server

ie, ncp is the netware network filesystem protocol, cf nfs or smb

If you are trying to do something to a netware server directly you will
need to use nwfs (cf fat, ext3).  I haven't used these tools but nwfs
seems to be what you need, the partitions should be dos partitions and
then you need the fs drivers/tools:

http://www.kernel.org/pub/linux/utils/fs/nwfs/

http://www.tldp.org/HOWTO/Filesystems-HOWTO-9.html

Paul