[Gllug] Lotus Notes Client for Linux

John Southern john at sinoda.demon.co.uk
Sun Apr 6 10:44:29 UTC 2003

On Sunday 06 Apr 2003 8:49 am, Simon Morris wrote:
> Does anyone know of a Lotus Notes application for Linux. I've had the
> Win32 version working with Codeweavers implementation of WINE, but it
> didn't have full functionality. Also if it crashed and had to be SIGKILLed
> it would never start again forcing a reinstall.
>
> It wasn't really stable enough to use daily.
>
> Does anyone know of a Linux version, or has anyone had more success with
> WINE and Notes?

Do you mean the server?
I thought you could use a browser for the client. Certainly Netscape Mail
works for the email in R5.
Or are you after all the admin features for a client? AFAIK with a browser you
could not create user ID's but do everything else.
The new iNotes Domino extension is supposed to make everything work with a
browser on 6.01, but I have not seen this yet.

Regards
John

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk