[Gllug] Weirdness with uw-imapd and Squirrelmail

Rev Simon Rumble simon at rumble.net
Fri Apr 4 14:31:50 UTC 2003

The girlfriend likes a drag-n-drool interface to her email so I've had
her using Squirrelmail.  After moving things around a bit, I now have
the imap server on the same machine as Squirrelmail again.  This
_used_ to work but doesn't any more.

When I log in with the valid login and password, I get:

Apr  4 15:20:38 chimay imapd[13058]: imap service init from 127.0.0.1
Apr  4 15:20:41 chimay imapd[13058]: Command stream end of file, while
reading line user=holly host=chimay.rumble.net [127.0.0.1]

And Squirrelmail says "invalid username or password".

Are there any straightforward tools to test that imapd is working so I
can at least isolate the problem?

--
Rev Simon Rumble <simon at rumble.net>
www.rumble.net

 "If you can keep your head when all around you have
  lost theirs, then you probably haven't understood
  the seriousness of the situation."
- David Brent, "The Office"