[Gllug] I don't know why I love you but I do

Stephen Harker steve at pauken.co.uk
Tue Apr 22 21:00:40 UTC 2003

On Tuesday 22 Apr 2003 8:13 pm, Pete Ryland wrote:
> On Tue, Apr 22, 2003 at 07:23:23PM +0100, Simon Stewart wrote:
> > This means that it's a great enthusiasts distro, but if you want to use
> > your computer as a tool on which you can quickly and simply install new
> > or updated software I'd advise against switching from debian. But that's
> > the wonder of linux: horses for courses. :)
>
> You could always try it in a chroot. :-)

I do this. I have a gentoo partition mounted inside Mandrake that I can chroot
to, do an "emerge world" now and again and leave it to chug away and get on
and use Mandrake uninterrupted. Occasionally I actually boot into Gentoo to
have a play. It's a satisfying feeling seeing that much code systematically
compile itself without falling over. But I don't actually _use_ it that much
:-)

SteveH

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk