[Gllug] Home use email

Stig Brautaset gllug at brautaset.org
Thu Apr 24 15:29:58 UTC 2003

On Apr 24 2003, John wrote:
> My ISP (demon) keeps having connection problems. What can I do?
> I only have a dynamic IP cable connection and at the moment I take mail via a
> POP3 connection.
> If I change email addresses again I would hope it would be just once, as
> informing everyone is such a pain. To overcome this should I buy a domain and
> if so any recommendations of where to host it?

I've got a account with gandi.net. They don't do hosting, but they can
forward the email to any address you like (they do redirecting of up to
5 adresses to different places and in addition a catch-all for the
domain). I'm using it to forward mail to a free (as in beer) account I
have and use pop to get it off there.

Works a treat. Think registration with gandi.net for .org adresses is
about 12 Euro pr. year or something.

Stig
--
brautaset.org