[Gllug] {OT?] Kernel development question

Adrian McMenamin adrian at mcmen.demon.co.uk
Sun Apr 27 10:50:29 UTC 2003

I know GLLUG isn't really the place for this, but I am having difficulty
getting answers anywhere else and lkml is a bit too daunting to post this on
to....

So if there are any filesystem gurus out there, here we go.

I am trying to finish off writing a filesystem driver for the vmu (small flash
memory) system on the Sega Dreamcast. Reads work fine - old code - with a
couple of mistakes I've since spotted can be seen at:

http://cvs.sourceforge.net/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/linuxdc/linux-sh-dc/fs/vmufs/?only_with_tag=linux-sh-dc-2_4-branch

I have been able to write a couple of bits of the write code - eg one can
delete an inode (file) and it is possible to copy a file from another volume
over the top of an existing file (inode).

But what I cannot work out is how to get the vfs to allow me to create a new
file on the vmu volume. What bits of code do I need to implement? At the
moment all I get when I do things like

cp ext2file  /mnt/vmu/ext2file

is a message saying that ext2file does not exist (ie doesn't exits on the vmu)

Anyone know?

Adrian

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk