[Gllug] Mysql Configure problem

Tethys tet at accucard.com
Mon Apr 14 08:34:54 UTC 2003

Nix writes:

>>                            You may be Nix, and have a machine that's
>> binary incompatible with anything else on the planet...
>
>Hey, that can be useful at times; buffer-overflow attacks don't work :)

Have you changed things in such a way that buffer overflow attacks
*can't* work, or are you just relying on the fact that any standard
exploits won't run on your machine? I.e., could an attacker with
knowledge of your calling conventions and other ABI changes construct
an exploit that would work? Just curious...

Tet

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk