[Gllug] Are there any expect experts out there?

Steve Cobrin cobrin at highbury.net
Sun Apr 13 14:48:19 UTC 2003

I would strongly recommend that you replace the telnet session with ssh.
Telnet is intrinsicly insecure, since the passwords must be transferred
unencrypted, and combined with an expect script, this means the plain
text password must be embedded in a script, which is yet another
security risk.

You would be far better off using ssh to handle the whole thing. Since
you can configure the script and the target host to have pre-agreed key
exchange configured.

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk