[Gllug] [OT] Hero vote

Dermot Moynihan dermoyn at onetel.net.uk
Tue Apr 15 12:31:27 UTC 2003

At 11:47 15/04/03, Adrian McMenamin wrote:

>At 22:29 14/04/03, Adrian McMenamin thought it of especial significance to
>write:
> >On Monday 14 April 2003 14:01, Dermot Moynihan wrote:
> > > At 11:39 14/04/03, Adrian McMenamin wrote:
> >
> >No, I didn't.
>
>Okay, point taken - but I am fascinated that, of what I wrote, that is what
>you have seized upon.  What was being discussed was revolutionary struggle
>with its associated living and dying. A casual matter one assumes.
>
>Or is this just some vain attempt to shoot the messenger?
>
>Maybe some folk are just plain happier believing that the emperor actually
>is wearing  a suit of invisible clothes.

>Actually, I regard most of your postings - especially the one you sent on
>Saturday which complained of the "Kurds entering Kirkuk" when it has been
>and remains a Kurdish city and what was really happening was the
>destruction of the Baathist fascistic machine of oppression - as
>ultra-leftist drivel.

I didn't "complain" of the "Kurds entering Kirkuk". The only part that I
wrote was the first sentence and the link. The remainder is the contents of
the link.

The Stop the War Coalition did mention it in their reason for why they are
marching. As should have been obvious they were referring to Kurdish
*troops*. They were worried about the Kurds being used yet again (similar
to 1991) as pawns and ending up yet again at the mercy of the Turks.

In light of the fact that Kirkuk "has been and remains a Kurdish city"  I
take it that you will be protesting at the fact that the US/UK is now
asking Kurds to leave this Kurdish city to appease the Turks.

In fact if your statement is worth anything and not just a pious platitude,
I trust that your concern for the Kurds will manifest itself by your
calling for the state that they have long been denied. Or now that they've
done their job do we dispense with them yet again?

Dermot

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk