[Gllug] Things to do after the pub meet, after the GLLUG meet, on Saturday.

Pete Ryland pdr at pdr.cx
Thu Apr 10 17:41:21 UTC 2003

On Thu, Apr 10, 2003 at 03:45:30PM +0100, Richard Jones wrote:
> On Thu, Apr 10, 2003 at 03:25:10PM +0100, Formi wrote:
> > On Thu, 10 Apr 2003, Colin Murphy wrote:
> > > Does anyone fancy seeing a film after the pub meet this Saturday?

Sounds like a lovely idea.  So as not to enhance the US military budget,
might I suggest we instead get some locally-made ice creams, then buy a
couple of thin envelopes, take our gloves off, and entertain ourselves?

Alternatively, we could just find out when Johnny English is playing.

> >  I will not, first: go to the gllug meeting, second: give money to the
> >  "bunch of b*y big us corporations" that like restricting fundamental
> >  rights of non-us citizens, and why not?, bomb the weakest.
>
> Not sure about the whole sentiment expressed here, but I too don't believe
> it would be good for GLLUG members to support "Big Media".
>
> Personally I've been boycotting films in the cinema for the last 8 months
> and only buying 2nd hand from Notting Hill.

Translation: "Every girl I've asked to the cinema in the last 8 months has
said no." ;-)

Pete
--
Pete Ryland