[Gllug] Mysql Configure problem

Paul Nasrat pauln at truemesh.com
Mon Apr 14 11:06:32 UTC 2003

On Mon, Apr 14, 2003 at 11:28:33AM +0100, James Bailey wrote:

> > As a relatively new subscriber to this list, what kind of machine does
> > Nix run?  The above conversation has left me mystified...
>
> I _think_ he runs fairly standard hardware, he is however a _very_ scary C
> hacker.  On the few occasions I have exchanged emails with on list regarding

Hmm, AFAIK *Nix runs a lot of sparc-32 and sparc-64 systems, both
Solaris (with GNU userspace) and Linux.  Lots of NFS, bleeding edge
glibc and probably bleeding edge gcc.  Linux system is built from
scratch. [1]

Maybe he should do a gllug talk on how to create a completely binary
incompatible system in 3 easy steps :)

Paul
[1] Note this is just from memory of postings to this list

--
An original IBM 4.77MHz PC reports 0.7 bogomips running Linux 8086, but
can still run a webserver! - Alan Cox  http://elks.sourceforge.net/

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk