[Gllug] Windows Petrol Pump

Tim Gray timgray at numasters.com
Thu Apr 17 10:38:41 UTC 2003

Jonathan Dye >I've seen BSOD on
Jonathan Dye >Rail Station information boards

Heh, the whole announcement system runs of Win98. I'm not sure if its
because of Window's bad thread management or lousy BR software but the
audio announcements stutter when the local machines receive updated time
table information, its gets quite funny when there are big delays on the
trains[1].

I've also been able to get into the control panel in a Nat West ATM
machine, there was some random pop-up window saying an error had
occurred (no mouse or enter) so I tapped 'ok' on the screen. When the
error was generated it minimised the ATM program so I had access to a
stripped down desktop. NCR (the ATM manufactures) must have been a bit
lax when installing NT ;)

[1] ok, its not *that* funny, but its better than listening to a
face-less machines making personal apologies about trains running late
with random faults, grrrr.

Tim

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk