[Gllug] Zaurus SD or MMC

Stan stan at plato.wadham.ox.ac.uk
Wed Apr 2 21:06:49 UTC 2003

> Ummm, don't get SD, from what I have read the controller on the Z
> doesn't support the extra bandwidth, and the SD support is non-free
> which means you will get stuck using 2.4.6 or sharp sources. Of
> course though the MMC support is also the non-free modules afaict at
> the moment, but I think that there does exist a 2.4.18 kernel with
> free MMC support in it.

I eventually found a summary at:
http://www.zauruszone.farplanet.net/wiki/index.php?MMC%20or%20SD%20card

Reading around SD is supported in openzaurus using the sharp binary
module so it will do for the moment...I would get MMC but at the
moment they only seem to go up to 128MB and I hate being cramped for
space.  Argh decisions, decisions

> I would say get a big cf card, to flash oz with and also stick lots
> of mp3s on etc. for when you are not war walking...

I guess but sometimes I might want to listen to music and war walk at
the same time!

Anyway ordered the zaurus with a small CF card and will decide soon
(honest) whether to get an SD or MMC card.  Also realised that I'd
like a USB adapter for whichever I get so that I can access the stuff
on my desktop.

http://www.shopmemorycard.co.uk/

looks like a good place to get all this sort of stuff.

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk