[Gllug] Bringing home the revolution

Dylan dylan at dylan.me.uk
Sat Apr 19 11:01:10 UTC 2003

On Saturday 19 April 2003 11:07, Adrian McMenamin wrote:
> As (most of us) are off work for a few days I thought I'd ask a general
> question or two.
>

> 1. When will the big breakthough come? Is it here already (servers) and we
> should stop worrying about desktops?

For day-to-day office and home use (wp, browsing, email, calendar, etc.) I
can't see any difficulty - my mother (60yo technophobe) didn't notice it
wasn't windows until she couldn't find a menu entry for some MS program. The
issue has to be ease of installation and configuration.

> 2. Does it matter anyway - would a world without MS be a better place or
> not?

The aims and objectives would exist in whatever company (or companies) was in
their place, sfaics. They certainly aren't restricted to MS, are they.

--
Sweet moderation
Heart of this nation

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk