[Gllug] OT: European Power

Christopher Hunter chrisehunter at blueyonder.co.uk
Wed Aug 27 04:15:22 UTC 2003

On Tuesday 26 Aug 2003 10:40 pm, Xander D Harkness wrote:

> The funny thing for me is that 60% of the time the voltage level on my
> UPS shows 'high'.
>
> I have been thinking about getting a digital voltage meter to monitor
> it. :-)
>
> Kind regards
> Xander

That's one option.  Another way, if you want more continuous monitoring, is to
use a proper mains supply logger - Fluke make a plug-in one for <£200.  This
will record mains voltage fluctations and noise / spikes.  You'd have to
download it every few days, but it's the onlt way to go if you're really
concerned about the quality of a mains supply.  It also gives great
ammunition what you have to fight with the Electricity Board!

Chris

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk