[Gllug] Contract Rates for Linux Admin Work

Jason Clifford jason at ukpost.com
Mon Aug 18 11:27:24 UTC 2003

On Mon, 18 Aug 2003, Richard Jones wrote:

> I'm guessing by the nature of the work that Jason Clifford probably
> doesn't work with other contractors in his job.

On some jobs I do and I always have to deal with the clients own staff
when I am doing consulting work.

> What do people do, however, if you have to deal with other contractors
> on the same job, and they are bone-headed idiots? (To the point where
> it makes it impossible to perform your own job). Do you take the money
> and shut up? Do you raise concerns?

I always raise my concerns with my client (except where the client is the
bone-headed idiot in which case I take the money and shut up where
possible).

At the end of the day you have a responsibility to your client to provide
the service or inform of them of anything preventing you from doing so.

You also have a responsibility to yourself not to let a sitaution get you
stressed out.

Jason Clifford
http://www.ukfsn.org/		ADSL Broadband available now

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk