[Gllug] ldap address book synchronizing problem

chanka perera chanka_perera at yahoo.com
Wed Aug 20 02:59:38 UTC 2003

hi all,

--- Simon Morris <smorris at batesuk.com> wrote:
> On Tue, 2003-08-19 at 12:30, chanka perera wrote:
> > hi,
> > i configured a ldap server basically addressbook
> and
> > try to access from M$  outlook. connection was
> succuss
> > but my problem is it does only show users when i
> > search ... it's not defaulty load the users when
> > starting outlook like other addressbooks does..
> > any idea why ?
>
> Just so we all understand what your problem is...
>
> You can search for users, or does the search fail.
> Also which LDAP
> Server are you using (I'll assume OpenLDAP..)

yes it's Openldap in RedHat 9 and my problem is when
M$ Outlook starting it doesn't load users in my ldap
server i can only see users when i search by name or
other switch like a*... so i want to make it load all
the users when starting of Outlook

> It would help to enable logging for slapd so you can
> see what is going
> on.
>
> In /etc/syslog.conf enter the following line
>
> local4.debug	/var/log/slapd.log

now i put all of the following
> and in your slapd.conf file (/etc/ldap/slapd.conf on
> Debian) enter
>
> loglevel [number]
>
> where number is the level of logging you want to
> perform.
> the man page for slapd.conf for the various levels.
>
> A wild stab in the dark at your problem would be
> your access control
> lists for ldap are incorrect in slapd.conf, or
> Outlook is searching for
> a different type of LDAP object.

i don't think there's any authentication problem
because it show users when i search ..

> Why not include your slapd.conf and a sample user in
> your next post??

all are at
http://202.51.137.42/ldap/

first i config the slapd.conf then add the root.ldif,
addressbook.ldif and finally several contact.ldif by
the follwing command
ldapadd -x -D "cn=Manager,dc=dpit,dc=com" -W -f
<abovefile.ldif>

thanks in advance
chanka perera

http://sitebuilder.yahoo.com