[Gllug] Cyclists (off topic)

Andrew Halliwell ah at gnd.com
Tue Aug 12 09:13:22 UTC 2003

And verily, didst Kristian Davies announce to the hordes:
> p.s. one thing that really get my goat is when im waiting at traffic lights
> because they are red, and 4 people on bikes go straight through... Whats
> worse is that it only takes me 20 secs to catch up... So whats the
> point...tsk tsk as bad as drivers...

Momentum, my dear fellow... Momentum.
You just put your foot down to move forward, we cyclists have to put a lot
more effort in from a standing start...

Besides, if it's a pedestrian crossing and there's not a pedestrian in
sight...where's the harm? If I inch forward at a junction with traffic
lights and see no traffic in either direction, where's the harm?
(I never barrel through traffic lights, I always make sure I've got a wide
gap between me and pedestrians)

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk