[Gllug] can't switch between virtual terminals

Sean Burlington sean at uncertainty.org.uk
Mon Aug 4 10:26:38 UTC 2003

Hi all,
	I'm having a few annoying problems with debian at the moment ...

I have taken over a job and computer - the computer runs Debian woody on
a compaq evo

mostly things work Ok - but I can't switch between virtual terminals - I
can get tty1 but nothing else

X starts OK and I am happily working in kde - but if I log out or switch
to tty1 - I cant get back to X :(

a (related?) problem is that I can't start X apps from root's xterm

any ideas ?

I guess I'm going to need to post a bunch of config files - but I'll
wait for requests as there is so much I could post ...

--

Sean

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk