[Gllug] Courier IMAP and procmail

Simon Morris simon.morris at penguinit.com
Fri Aug 8 07:25:55 UTC 2003

Hi,

I have got Postfix/Courier IMAP/Procmail set up for a small business.

They use $HOME/Maildir/ directories for storage and have a set of shared
folders under /home/Public_Folders

So far they have just used the folders for storing messages, but I've just
tried to get mail addressed to info at domain.com to go straight into the
shared info folder.

I created an account called info and assigned it the home directory
/home/Public_Folders/.Info/

Test emails to info at domain.com is getting bounced with the following error
message:

<snip stuff about mail couldn't be delivered>

<info at domain.com>: can't create user output file. Command output:
    procmail: Conflicting options Usage: procmail [-vptoY] [-f fromwhom]
    [parameter=value | rcfile] ...    Or: procmail [-toY] [-f fromwhom] [-a
    argument] ... -d recipient ...    Or: procmail [-ptY] [-f fromwhom] -m
    [parameter=value] ... rcfile [arg] ...    Or: procmail [-toY] [-a
argument]
    ... -z procmail: Couldn't chdir to "/home/Public_Folders/.Info/Maildir/"

=============

My /etc/procmailrc is:

MAILDIR=$HOME/Maildir/
DEFAULT=$MAILDIR
LOGFILE=/var/log/procmail.log
DROPPRIVS=yes

So fair enough procmail wants to deliver it to
/home/Public_Folders/.Info/Maildir but thats no good for this situation.

I could assign info at .. to another account and use procmail to move it to
the  info folder but I wondered what the best/common way to do this was.

Thanks!
--
Simon Morris
simon.morris at penguinit.com