[Gllug] Cyclists (off topic)

Christopher Hunter chrisehunter at blueyonder.co.uk
Mon Aug 11 21:14:46 UTC 2003

On Monday 11 Aug 2003 8:38 pm, David Damerell wrote:

> So no actual injuries suffered, then?

No - just expensive, malicious damage.

> >found him there was no way of extracting that which he owed except by
> > either physical force (which would have been very satisfying!)
>
> As well as criminal and disproportionate.

My damage to him or his machine would have been entirely "proportionate".

> It is as well, then, that
> society chooses not to provide people like you with a mechanism to
> find people who you intend to assault.

No - it's better that they are properly licenced, taxed and insured, so that
they don't have the opportunity of inflicting random malicious damage, pay
for the road space that's given to them, and pay for damage, injury and
distress they cause.

Chris

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk