[Gllug] Blueyonder Telewest cable broadband

Peter Childs Blue.Dragon at blueyonder.co.uk
Sat Aug 23 07:25:47 UTC 2003

	Grumph Blueyonder.
	Blueyonder support well they seam to be stuck behind a news server.... Our
Blueyounder Cable conection has now be out or nearly out for a week. and
since Blueyonder (or Telewest which ever they want to be today) seam to be
making no effort to fix it. We're looking at altertatives such as ADSL.
	So who are the best ADSL ISPs Hopfully who activally support Linux (of
course) Don't only support the slowest speed. and are cheap. I've seen them
from £15 to £25 so what are peoples surgestions.
	Mind you up until 10 days ago I was quite happy about Blueyounder but they do
know nothing about Linux. So don't ask them.
	Just plug your box into your cable modem and use dhcp to get an IP address
its not rocket since and their are no passwords for getting online. Oh they
will need the MAC address of your ethernet card.

Peter CHilds

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk