[Gllug] rsync for ftp

Rev Simon Rumble simon at rumble.net
Wed Aug 20 13:42:52 UTC 2003

On Wed 20 Aug, SteveC bloviated thus:
> I've got a bunch of html trees that I'd like to throw at an ftp server.
> I'd like a command line ftp that recurses and only uploads if a file is
> newer.

lftp claims to do this:

       lftp has builtin mirror which can download or update a whole
       directory tree. There is also reverse mirror (mirror -R) which
       uploads or updates a directory tree on server. Mirror can also
       synchronize directories between two remote servers, using FXP
       if available.

--
Rev Simon Rumble <simon at rumble.net>
www.rumble.net

Think: In which world is speech most free:

1) A world where you can send single personal messages to anyone, but
can't send multiple copies of the same message to people who haven't
authorized you spending their resources that way.

2) A world where you only can send messages to people who have
explicitly authorized you to do so.

If we win the fight against spammers, we get world 1. If we lose, we
get world 2.

- Per Abrahamsen on slashdot