[Gllug] recommend a (web) hosting company for linux box

Jason Clifford jason at ukpost.com
Wed Aug 27 11:33:03 UTC 2003

On Wed, 27 Aug 2003, ben f wrote:

> My company are looking for recommendations for a web
> hosting company. We don't want our site on someone
> else's box. We have our own box that we want "looked
> after" 24x7. Basically we want them to react to
> hardware failures. We do the admin bits.

UKFSN offers coloaction and I can extend that to cover some extra support
however I would need a more accurate description of the requirement.

What reaction do you want to hardware failures?

Do you want the provider to replace the failed kit within a specified time
period? If so what is the required time period?

Will you provide hot swap equipment to be stored at the providers
premises? If not do you expect the provider to provide this equipment or
will you ship it to them?

You say you will do the admin. Will you want any software or admin support
from the provider?

> It's a compaq ml370 running redhat 9.0 with apache.

Are you running Apache2 (default with RH9) and if so is it a concsious
decision?

Jason Clifford
http://www.ukfsn.org/		ADSL Broadband available now

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk