[Gllug] WTF is going on with these email viruses?

Christopher Hunter chrisehunter at blueyonder.co.uk
Thu Aug 21 15:38:39 UTC 2003

On Thursday 21 Aug 2003 4:19 pm, Peter Adamson wrote:
> In last 48 hours my 3 inboxes have been filling up with
> virus blah blah blah".
> Obvioulsy these worms like sobig.f have infected someone who had my
> email address.
>
> But has anyone else noticed a sudden "surge" in viruses?
>
> Cheers,
> Peter

I've seen exactly the same thing.  However, it's not just the "sobig" worm -
there are a couple of others too.  There are M$ mailservers falling over like
ninepins at the moment.  Apparently, there's also a couple of nasties doing
the rounds that target M$ Exchange - several M$ "admin" types of my
acquintance are whinging about the collapse of their systems!

Chris

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk