[Gllug] ldap address book synchronizing problem

Xander D Harkness xander at harkness.co.uk
Tue Aug 19 16:01:05 UTC 2003

On Tue, 2003-08-19 at 16:20, Simon Morris wrote:
> On Tue, 2003-08-19 at 12:30, chanka perera wrote:
> > hi,
> > i configured a ldap server basically addressbook and
> > try to access from M$  outlook. connection was succuss
> > but my problem is it does only show users when i
> > search ... it's not defaulty load the users when
> > starting outlook like other addressbooks does..
> > any idea why ?
>
> Just so we all understand what your problem is...
>
> You can search for users, or does the search fail. Also which LDAP
> Server are you using (I'll assume OpenLDAP..)
>
> It would help to enable logging for slapd so you can see what is going
> on.

I have seen this sort of behaviour when working with SuSE Linux Open
Exchange server.  The client such as Mozilla or Outlook Express shows no
addresses in the addressbook with normal view.  If one searches for an
address then it will find an address.  Netscape with MS Exchange
addressbook behaves similarly.

I never needed to browse the addressbook; however if searching for a
change in behaviour you might like to look through the SuSE slox mailing
list archives or include these in your search.

Kind regards
Xander

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk